Frequently Asked Questions
What is Children’s Orchard Academy?
Children’s Orchard Academy is a fully accredited private preparatory school that offers early education within a nurturing Christian environment. As an institution dedicated to early childhood education and childcare, Children’s Orchard Academy goes beyond traditional schooling. Our comprehensive programs cater to children aged 6 weeks to 12 years, offering a continuum of care from infancy through pre-K and school-age levels.
At Children’s Orchard Academy, we recognize the significance of a strong academic foundation. Our curriculum is meticulously crafted to accelerate your child’s intellectual growth, encompassing subjects such as language arts, mathematics, science, social studies, and more. This rigorous academic approach is complemented by a commitment to nurturing your child’s character and spiritual development.
Central to our identity is the integration of Christian values into every facet of learning. Through Bible stories, character-building activities, and values-based lessons, we provide an environment where faith is seamlessly woven into the educational journey.
Children’s Orchard Academy is not merely a place of learning; it’s a community that prioritizes safety and well-being. Our comprehensive safety measures, including secure premises, trained staff, and adherence to strict protocols, provide parents with peace of mind.
In summary, Children’s Orchard Academy is more than an educational institution. It’s a nurturing haven where children are empowered academically, spiritually, and socially. We invite you to embark on this enriching journey with us, where your child’s potential is nurtured, their curiosity is celebrated, and their growth is guided by Christian values.
What age groups do you cater to?
We warmly welcome children aged 6 weeks to 12 years old at Children’s Orchard Academy. Our comprehensive range of programs includes year-round nursery and preschool options, as well as after-school and enriching summer care for older school-age children. Our diverse offerings ensure that we provide age-appropriate education and care for every stage of your child’s growth.
What are your operating hours?
Our commitment to you extends to our operating hours. Our doors are open 6:30AM to 6:30PM to accommodate your scheduling needs. For a more comprehensive overview, please refer to our Parent Handbook, which provides detailed information about our operational procedures.
Is Children’s Orchard Academy accredited?
Yes, Children’s Orchard Academy is fully accredited and licensed. Our commitment to excellence extends to accreditation by NAPS (National Association of Private Schools), a prestigious consortium of Christian educators and schools from across the United States. NAPS is dedicated to recognizing and enhancing the character and educational quality of private Christian schools. It provides educational assistance and accreditation for church schools, private Christian schools, and Christian homeschool academies that maintain a credible, traditional education program for Pre-K through 12th grades. This accreditation underscores our dedication to offering a secure, faith-based, and academically enriching environment for your child’s educational journey.
What curriculum does your school teach?
At Children’s Orchard Academy, we offer a comprehensive and accelerated curriculum that balances academic excellence with Christian values. Our curriculum is designed to provide a well-rounded educational experience that fosters intellectual, social, emotional, and spiritual growth in each child. Here’s an overview of the curriculum we teach:
At Children’s Orchard Academy, we offer a comprehensive and accelerated curriculum that balances academic excellence with Christian values. Our curriculum is designed to provide a well-rounded educational experience that fosters intellectual, social, emotional, and spiritual growth in each child. Here’s an overview of the curriculum we teach:
Early Learning Foundations: For our youngest learners in the nursery and nursery preschool programs, we focus on creating a stimulating and nurturing environment that promotes sensory exploration and early development. We introduce infants to auditory, visual, and sensory learning experiences. Our program incorporates activities that encourage cognitive and physical development, such as recognizing colors and introducing basic sign language to enhance communication skills.
Phonics and Language Development: As children transition to our nursery preschool and preschool two’s programs, we begin teaching phonics, the alphabet, and language development. We help children recognize and pronounce letters and their corresponding sounds. Bible stories and lessons are integrated into the curriculum to instill Christian values and language development is emphasized to enhance vocabulary.
Structured Learning: In our preschool twos and threes programs, we provide structured learning experiences that encourage social interaction, sharing, and cooperative play. Children learn to follow instructions, develop longer attention spans, and engage in activities that promote cognitive development, problem-solving, and creativity. Our curriculum is designed to encourage both academic and character development.
Kindergarten Readiness: In our K4 program, we offer a nationally accredited kindergarten curriculum that prepares students for success in both academics and life. Our curriculum integrates science, engineering, social studies, worship, reading, and journaling. Students learn about diverse topics including dinosaurs, animals, plants, cultures, problem-solving, critical thinking, and creative expression. We focus on hands-on activities that foster connections between concepts and the real world, maximizing learning and engagement.
Christian Character Training: Throughout our curriculum, we weave Christian values and character development into every aspect of learning. We nurture positive self-image, empathy, and virtues such as love, respect, integrity, and excellence. Our goal is to guide students in developing a strong moral compass that will serve them well throughout their lives.
Our curriculum is designed to empower students to think critically, communicate effectively, and develop a strong foundation for future academic success. We believe that a holistic education that combines academic rigor and Christian values creates well-rounded individuals who are prepared to excel academically, socially, and morally.
How is faith integrated into the curriculum?
At Children’s Orchard Academy, we are dedicated to integrating Christian values and faith into every aspect of our curriculum. Our approach seeks to create a nurturing and spiritually enriching environment that fosters the development of well-rounded individuals who not only excel academically but also embody strong moral character. Here’s how faith is integrated into our curriculum:
Biblical Foundations: Throughout all age groups and programs, we incorporate Bible stories, teachings, and principles to instill Christian values and teachings. These stories are woven into lessons and discussions, allowing students to learn about important moral concepts, empathy, compassion, and the love of God.
Character Development: Our curriculum emphasizes character traits such as love, respect, integrity, honesty, kindness, and patience. These virtues are not only taught through direct instruction but are also integrated into daily interactions, problem-solving scenarios, and discussions. We encourage students to reflect on these values and apply them in their interactions with peers, teachers, and the community.
Worship and Expressive Arts: We provide opportunities for students to express their faith through worship, music, movement, and creative arts. Students engage in activities that allow them to worship, express their feelings, and reflect on their relationship with God. Through music, dance, and other forms of creative expression, students have a chance to connect spiritually and emotionally.
Community Service and Outreach: We teach students the importance of serving others and giving back to the community. Through age-appropriate service projects and outreach activities, students learn to apply their faith in practical ways by helping those in need and making a positive impact on society.
Respect for Diversity: We emphasize that God’s love embraces all people, regardless of their backgrounds, cultures, or differences. We promote an inclusive and accepting environment where students learn to value diversity and treat others with respect, mirroring the teachings of Jesus.
Prayer and Reflection: Prayer is an integral part of our daily routine. We encourage students to pray individually and collectively, fostering a sense of connection with God. This practice allows students to seek guidance, express gratitude, and share their thoughts and concerns.
Through these methods, we aim to nurture a strong foundation of faith and moral character in our students. Our goal is to not only provide an exceptional academic education but also to help students develop a deep sense of purpose, compassion, and a lifelong relationship with God.
What safety measures do you have in place?
At Children’s Orchard Academy, the safety and well-being of our students are our top priorities. We have implemented a comprehensive range of safety measures and protocols to ensure a secure environment for all students, staff, and visitors. Here are some of the safety measures we have in place:
Emergency Preparedness Plan: Our facility has an emergency preparedness plan that covers various types of emergencies, including fire, severe weather, and lockdown situations. We conduct drills to ensure that students and staff are well-prepared for different scenarios.
These safety measures are an integral part of our commitment to providing a secure and nurturing environment for all children. For detailed information on our safety protocols, please refer to our Parent Handbook.
Do you administer medication? Yes, we do administer medication according to specific guidelines. For detailed information about our medication administration procedures, please consult our Parent Handbook. This resource provides a clear understanding of our approach to handling medications.
What qualifications do your teachers have?
Our team of educators is highly qualified and deeply dedicated to your child’s growth and safety. Our teachers meet the qualifications set by state requirements, ensuring that your child receives top-notch education in a supportive environment. Specific information about our teachers’ qualifications can be found in our Parent Handbook.
Do you offer part-time or full-time enrollment?
At Children’s Orchard Academy, we provide a range of program options to meet the diverse needs of our families. We offer Nursery, School Day, and Extended Hours programs, each designed to ensure that your child receives the education and care they deserve. While we don’t offer a traditional “part-time” enrollment option where a child attends on select days, our programs are designed to provide consistent and comprehensive care for your child every day.
Our Nursery program offers a loving and nurturing environment for infants, while our School Day program is structured for children to engage in educational activities during regular school hours. For families needing care beyond the school day, our Extended Hours program offers additional hours of supervised activities.
We understand that consistency is important for children’s development, so our programs are designed to ensure that your child has a place every day. This consistent attendance allows your child to benefit from our comprehensive curriculum, engage with peers, and experience a supportive learning environment. Our goal is to provide a reliable and enriching experience for your child while accommodating the demands of your schedule.
For more details about the specific program options, we offer and to find the best fit for your family’s needs, please refer to our Parent Handbook or get in touch with our administrative staff, who will be happy to provide further guidance and information.
What time does my child need to arrive?
You can find the specific time when your child’s breakfast and class begin by referring to their classroom schedule. To assist us in our planning and ensure a smooth day for your child, we kindly request that you inform us if your child will be arriving after 9:00 AM. This consideration allows us to include your child in our lunch count and make any necessary arrangements.
If your child is going to be absent from our facility on a particular day, we kindly ask that you reach out to our office before 9:00 AM to notify us about the absence. This proactive communication helps us maintain accurate attendance records and ensures that we are well-prepared for the day.
Additionally, if you plan to pick up your child from school and they won’t be participating in our after-school care program, we kindly request that you notify Children’s Orchard Academy by 12:00 PM. Your cooperation in providing this information helps us facilitate a smooth transition for your child.
We genuinely appreciate your dedication to maintaining open and timely communication, as it plays a significant role in fostering a positive and organized environment for all our students.
How many students are in a classroom?
The student-to-teacher ratio at Children’s Orchard Academy is designed to ensure personalized attention and a high-quality learning experience for each child. The specific ratio may vary depending on the age group of the children:
- For our youngest learners, the ratio is designed to be low to provide the best care and attention.
- For older children, the ratio allows for effective classroom management and individualized instruction.
This careful consideration of the student-to-teacher ratio reflects our commitment to creating a safe, nurturing, and conducive learning environment for all of our children.
How do you handle dietary restrictions and allergies?
We take dietary restrictions and allergies seriously to ensure the well-being of every child in our care. Our menu and practices align with these concerns. We have implemented a comprehensive approach to ensure their health and security. To begin with, we require parents to provide an allergy emergency plan, verified by a physician, outlining the specific allergies and potential reactions their child may experience. Our diligent staff strictly adheres to these plans, taking every precaution to prevent allergen exposure and ensure the child’s safety. Due to severe allergies, we ask that peanut products not be brought into the preschool. To gain a detailed understanding of how we address dietary restrictions and allergies, please consult our Parent Handbook.
What types of activities do children participate in?
Children at Children’s Orchard Academy engage in a diverse range of educational and enriching activities that promote their holistic development. These activities are carefully designed to nurture their physical, cognitive, emotional, and social growth. Here are some examples of the types of activities your child will participate in:
- Educational Exploration: Children take part in age-appropriate educational activities that encourage curiosity and learning. These activities may include hands-on experiments, interactive storytelling, and guided group discussions.
- Art and Creativity: Children have the opportunity to express themselves through various art forms such as drawing, painting, crafting, and sculpting. These activities enhance their fine motor skills and stimulate their imagination.
- Physical Play: Physical activity is essential for children’s growth, so they enjoy both structured and free play indoors and outdoors. Structured play involves teacher-led games and exercises, while free play encourages children to use their creativity and socialize with peers.
- Music and Movement: Children participate in music and movement sessions that involve singing, dancing, and rhythm activities. These activities not only promote coordination but also provide a creative outlet for self-expression.
- Outdoor Exploration: Children have dedicated outdoor playtime on age-appropriate playgrounds. Outdoor activities help them develop gross motor skills, interact with nature, and enjoy fresh air.
- Language and Literacy: Children engage in language-rich activities like storytime, puppetry, and language games. These activities foster language development, vocabulary expansion, and a love for reading.
- Math and Problem-Solving: Children are introduced to basic mathematical concepts through fun games and puzzles that encourage critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Dramatic Play: Dramatic play activities, such as role-playing and dress-up, allow children to explore different roles and situations, enhancing their social skills and creativity.
- Science Exploration: Children participate in simple science experiments and activities that encourage them to explore and ask questions about the world around them.
- Social Interaction: Group activities and collaborative projects promote social skills, teamwork, and effective communication among children.
- Christian Values and Worship: Children engage in activities that reinforce Christian values and principles, fostering a sense of love, respect, and empathy for others.
These activities are designed to create a well-rounded learning experience that supports each child’s individual growth and development. Our classroom schedules provide a structured framework for these activities, ensuring that your child benefits from a balanced and engaging curriculum.
How do you manage screen time for children at your school?
Children under two years old do not engage in screen time activities. For children aged two and older, screen time is used as a supplementary tool for educational purposes, never replacing other activities. Screen time is limited to 30 minutes daily, with content suitable for their age and free from advertising or violence. Importantly, screen time is not used during meal, snack, nap, or rest times.
Do you offer enrichment programs or extracurricular activities?
Absolutely, we believe in providing a comprehensive educational experience. That’s why we offer a range of enrichment programs and extracurricular activities that complement our core curriculum and provide students with diverse learning experiences. Here are some of the enrichment programs we provide:
- God’s World Program: Our extended hours program, known as God’s World, focuses on six key pillars of study – science, engineering, social studies, worship, reading, and journaling. This program encourages children to explore and engage in critical thinking, teamwork, and creativity while integrating Christian principles.
- Stem Room: We have a dedicated technology room where students can use technology for learning and play interactive educational games that enhance their skills in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics.
- Music and Physical Fitness: We partner with Stretch-n-Grow to offer music and physical education components. The Rhythm & Praise program introduces children to singing, praise music, movement, and responding to sound. The In His Image Fitness Readiness program focuses on fun and engaging exercises that promote physical fitness while enhancing cognitive performance.
These enrichment programs aim to provide students with opportunities to explore their interests, develop skills beyond the core curriculum, and foster a love for learning. We believe that a well-rounded education encompasses not only academics but also character development, physical health, and creativity. By offering these programs, we aim to provide a comprehensive educational experience that supports each child’s growth and development.
How can parents be involved in their child's education?
At Children’s Orchard Academy, we highly value and actively encourage parental involvement in your child’s education. We recognize that parents play a pivotal role in shaping their child’s learning journey. Here’s how you can be engaged in your child’s educational experience:
- Visits and Participation: We welcome parents to visit our facility during the day, aligning with the posted activity schedule for each classroom. Your presence fosters a sense of connection between the school and home. Participating in classroom activities and events allows you to see your child’s progress firsthand.
- Classroom Parties and Events: Join in the fun during classroom parties and events that celebrate various occasions throughout the year. These events provide an opportunity for parents to connect with teachers, staff, and other parents, creating a strong sense of community.
- Parent/Teacher Conferences: We hold Parent/Teacher Conferences twice a year, offering a platform to discuss your child’s progress and development. You can sign up for these conferences, and if needed, you’re welcome to arrange additional meetings with teachers and the director.
- Engagement in Special Events: Our academic calendar is filled with engaging activities, including Back-to-School events and seasonal celebrations such as Fall Festival, Thanksgiving Lunch, Christmas Programs, Valentine Exchange, and more. These events are designed for parents to attend and actively participate in.
- Birthday Celebrations: While birthday parties are allowed, we request that they exclude gift exchanges. Additionally, due to allergies, we kindly ask for peanut products to be avoided during celebrations.
- Donations and Contributions: We appreciate your generosity in contributing to our learning environment. While personal toys are not brought from home, toy, book, and art supply donations are valued and enrich our classrooms.
- Open Communication: Maintain open communication with teachers and staff regarding your child’s progress, needs, and any concerns you may have. This collaboration ensures a holistic approach to your child’s growth.
Your active involvement in your child’s education enhances their learning experience, reinforces a strong connection between school and home, and creates a supportive environment for their overall development. We value your partnership in nurturing your child’s academic and personal growth.
What are the tuition fees?
Our tuition fees at Children’s Orchard Academy are based on the program and schedule you choose for your child. For detailed information about our tuition fees, including rates for different age groups and enrollment options (full-time or part-time), please contact our office. We’ll be happy to provide you with the specific tuition fees that apply to your child’s age and the program you’re interested in. Feel free to reach out to us for more information about our competitive and comprehensive tuition rates.
Tuition is due on the first business day of each month as outlined in the Financial Agreement you signed during enrollment. Any billing changes should be submitted at least 10 days before the next month’s start.
The admission fee is required upon enrollment. Additionally, we offer a Book Rental/Purchase option for Preschool two’s and up at the beginning of each school year. An Annual Fee is charged in January. It’s important to note that any payments made to our facility are non-refundable.
Feel free to reach out to us for more information about our competitive and comprehensive tuition rates.
Do you accept Child Care Services (CCMS or CCS)?
Child Care Services (CCS) is a government program that provides financial assistance to eligible families to help cover the cost of childcare. While we do not participate in this specific program, we offer a variety of tuition options to accommodate families seeking high-quality childcare and early childhood education. Our focus is on providing exceptional care, engaging educational programs, and a nurturing environment for all children in our community. At Children’s Orchard Academy, we do not accept Child Care Services (CCMS or CCS). If you have any questions about our tuition options or enrollment process, please don’t hesitate to contact our office for more information.
Do you offer a trial or tour before enrolling?
Yes, we offer the opportunity for parents and families to take a tour of our facility before enrolling their child at Children’s Orchard Academy. We understand the importance of making informed decisions about your child’s care and education, and a tour can provide you with a firsthand look at our nurturing environment, engaging classrooms, and dedicated staff. During the tour, you’ll have the chance to ask questions, explore our facilities, and get a sense of the daily activities and routines that your child will experience. We believe that seeing our center in person can help you feel confident in your choice of enrolling your child with us. To schedule a virtual or in person tour, please use the link below.
How do I enroll my child?
Enrolling your child is easy! Start by scheduling a virtual or in-person tour of our facilities. This will give you the opportunity to see our nurturing environment firsthand and ask any questions you may have.
After your tour, you can complete the enrollment process. This can be done conveniently online or at our school, depending on your preference. Our staff will guide you through the registration process to ensure a smooth experience for you and your child.
Feel free to reach out to us if you have any further inquiries or if you’re ready to begin the enrollment journey for your child. We look forward to welcoming you and your family to Children’s Orchard Academy!
What is your approach to discipline and behavior management?
At Children’s Orchard Academy, we believe in fostering a positive and respectful learning environment for every student. Our approach to discipline and behavior management is rooted in guidance and understanding, aimed at teaching acceptable behavior and promoting self-esteem and self-control.
We focus on redirection, positive reinforcement, and age-appropriate methods to guide your child’s behavior. Our Discipline & Guidance Policy, available in our Parent Handbook, provides comprehensive insights into our approach.
What health and safety protocols do you have in place?
Ensuring the health and safety of your child is of paramount importance to us at Children’s Orchard Academy. We take several measures to create a secure and wholesome environment for your child’s well-being.
Hygiene is crucial, and we follow a meticulous 4-step sanitation process for diaper changes and daily sanitization of toys. We actively teach healthy habits like handwashing and proper coughing etiquette to all our students, setting positive examples for a healthy lifestyle.
We conduct Wellness Checks upon your child’s arrival, ensuring they are comfortable and ready for the day. Our teachers use age-appropriate send-home sheets to document your child’s activities and any important information.
You can bring labeled sunscreen and insect repellent for your child. Our teachers will apply them before outdoor activities as requested, ensuring your child’s protection from the elements.
Your child’s safety is our top priority. Our facility features multiple layers of security, including fingerprint entry for parents and guardians. All our teachers are certified in First Aid and CPR, with FBI fingerprint checks conducted. Our staff undergoes continuous training to stay updated on safety protocols.
We are equipped to handle emergencies with care. Emergency exits are clearly marked in every classroom, alongside essential emergency materials. Each classroom is equipped with fire alarms and sprinkler systems, and our cribs and equipment surpass national safety standards.
We are committed to providing a secure and healthy environment for your child’s growth and development. If you have any specific inquiries regarding health, safety, or any other aspect of our care, please don’t hesitate to reach out. Your child’s safety and well-being are at the heart of all we do.
Ensuring health and safety standards is a top priority. Our adherence extends to pest control measures and other precautions. For a comprehensive understanding of our health and safety protocols, please consult our Parent Handbook.
How do you communicate with parents about their child's progress?
At Children’s Orchard Academy, maintaining transparent and consistent communication with parents is a top priority. We employ various channels to keep you well-informed about your child’s progress and our school activities. Here’s how we ensure you stay connected:
- Orchard App: Our Orchard App serves as a convenient platform for communication. It allows you to receive updates, notifications, and messages about your child’s day, activities, and important announcements.
- Emails: We use email communication to share detailed information, event notices, and updates about your child’s educational journey and school events.
- Calls and Texts: For urgent or important matters, we may reach out to you via phone calls or text messages to ensure prompt communication.
- Parent/Teacher Conferences: We schedule Parent/Teacher Conferences twice a year to provide you with a comprehensive overview of your child’s progress, achievements, and areas for growth. Sign-up sheets will be available to book your conference slot.
- Open Communication: We encourage you to initiate conversations with teachers and the director throughout the year to discuss your child’s progress, address any concerns, and celebrate milestones.
Our commitment to open communication ensures that you are an active participant in your child’s educational journey. We value your insights and involvement, fostering a collaborative partnership between our school and your family. Now, let’s delve into our traditional concept in childcare and education.
What's after Orchard?
After Children’s Orchard Academy, your child will be well-prepared for the next phase of their education. Equipped with strong academic and Christian values, they’ll enter their educational journey with confidence and a solid foundation.
What is expected of me as a parent?
As a parent at Children’s Orchard Academy, your involvement and engagement in your child’s education are integral to their success and the overall school community. Here are some expectations that we hold to ensure a positive and enriching experience for both your child and the school:
- Active Participation: We encourage and welcome your active participation in your child’s educational journey. Attend school events, workshops, and parent-teacher conferences to stay connected with your child’s progress and to foster a strong sense of community.
- Open Communication: Maintain open lines of communication with your child’s teachers and the school staff. Feel free to share any concerns, questions, or insights that could enhance your child’s learning experience.
- Support Learning at Home: Extend the learning experience beyond the classroom by engaging your child in educational activities at home. This can include reading together, discussing classroom topics, and assisting with homework assignments.
- Timely Notifications: Promptly notify the school if your child will be absent or arriving late. This ensures accurate attendance records and contributes to your child’s overall safety and well-being.
- Attendance at Conferences: Attend Parent/Teacher Conferences, which are scheduled twice a year. These conferences provide valuable insights into your child’s academic and personal progress, and offer an opportunity to collaborate with teachers to set goals and address any challenges.
- Participation in Events: Actively participate in school events, parties, and celebrations. Your presence enriches the school community and creates memorable experiences for your child.
- Consistent Schedule: Provide a consistent daily schedule for your child, including regular drop-off and pick-up times. Consistency fosters a sense of security and routine, which is beneficial for your child’s emotional well-being.
- Uniform Compliance: Ensure that your child wears the school uniform as required. Uniforms promote a sense of unity, eliminate distractions based on clothing choices, and focus attention on character development and learning.
- Contribution to a Positive Environment: Interact courteously with other parents, teachers, and staff to create a positive and respectful atmosphere. Your behavior serves as a role model for your child and contributes to a harmonious school environment.
- Collaboration with Teachers: Collaborate with teachers to support your child’s growth and development. Share insights about your child’s interests, strengths, and areas for improvement to facilitate a personalized and effective learning experience.
- Respect for Diversity: Embrace and respect the diversity of backgrounds, cultures, and beliefs within the school community. Your openness contributes to an inclusive and enriching educational environment.
By embracing these expectations, you actively contribute to your child’s education and overall success. Your partnership is vital in creating a nurturing and empowering learning environment for your child and their peers.
What is expected of my child?
At Children’s Orchard Academy, we believe that each child’s active participation and respectful behavior contribute to the overall success of our learning community. Here are the expectations we have for your child:
- Active Engagement: We encourage your child to actively participate in classroom activities, discussions, and learning experiences. By engaging with their teachers and peers, they contribute to a dynamic and enriching educational environment.
- Respectful Behavior: We emphasize the importance of treating others with kindness, empathy, and respect. Your child is expected to interact with their peers, teachers, and staff in a courteous and considerate manner, fostering a positive and inclusive atmosphere.
- Adherence to Guidelines: Our Discipline & Guidance Policy outlines behavior guidelines that ensure a safe and harmonious learning environment. We expect your child to understand and follow these guidelines, promoting responsible behavior and constructive interactions.
- Cooperation and Collaboration: Encourage your child to work collaboratively with their peers on group projects, discussions, and activities. Cooperative learning experiences not only foster teamwork but also contribute to personal growth.
- Following Instructions: Your child is expected to follow instructions provided by teachers and staff. This helps maintain order in the classroom and ensures that learning experiences are conducted smoothly.
- Active Learning: Your child is encouraged to approach their learning experiences with enthusiasm and curiosity. Active participation in lessons, asking questions, and seeking clarification are all ways they can maximize their learning potential.
- Responsible Use of Resources: Teach your child the importance of treating classroom materials, equipment, and facilities with care. This responsibility contributes to the longevity of resources and a tidy learning environment.
- Healthy Communication: Encourage your child to express themselves clearly and respectfully. Effective communication skills are valuable for both personal and academic growth.
- Punctuality: Instill the value of punctuality in your child by ensuring they arrive at school and their classes on time. Being punctual not only demonstrates responsibility but also maximizes their learning opportunities.
- Embracing Diversity: Encourage your child to celebrate and appreciate the diverse backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives of their peers. A welcoming and inclusive attitude enriches the overall learning experience.
- Resolving Conflict: Teach your child constructive ways to resolve conflicts and disagreements. Problem-solving and conflict resolution skills are essential for maintaining positive relationships with peers.
By nurturing these expectations, your child actively contributes to the creation of a supportive and nurturing learning environment at Children’s Orchard Academy. These qualities will not only benefit their academic journey but also shape them into responsible, empathetic, and respectful individuals.
Where can I find food menus?
Our food menus are published in our app and kept current. To find more information on our app please visit our Parent Resources page.